About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feeling better today. I have a feeling I'll be alternating alot between different emotions as my surgery comes closer. 

Easter will be my last solid meal.  We're having some family come and stay with us for a few days and they leave on Easter Sunday so its perfect timing for me.  We will have dinner on the Saturday and then Sunday I start my liquids only.    The tuesday after Easter, we fly to San Diego and the next day, we're off to Mexico!  I spend one day in the hospital and then move to a hotel.  They have a free recovery house with meals and everything but I wanted my privacy and there was a chance that hubby wouldn't be able to stay there with me if the house is full so I'd rather just go to a nearby hotel instead.  So we're staying at the Hotel Ticuan in the Suite :D

I have the best husband ever.  He's paying 75% of the cost of this from his tax free savings account so I can get this done.  He is excited and happy for me and of course only wants me to be happy.  I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. You are so much like the old ME! Prior to being sleeved in June 2010, I was just like you, tried everything! I have friends who have been my friends since Grade 9, and even they have never seen me this small now, and I am 5.5 months pregnant! (was not planned guess I was looking so good we had an oops) but I am so excited about the baby. Its our second, and this time I am healthy! I feel great!!

    Anyway about the money part, my husband and I have been talking about it, (I was sleeved with Almanza too) and we figure with the money we have saved on food since I have been sleeved we have probably about paid for the sleeve now. When we go out to dinner I NEVER order my own meal, I share with him. Some people may think that is cheap but seriously you will see once you have your sleeve, you can eat maybe 3-4 bites of steak, a few veggies and a bite or two of a mashed potato, so why would you get your own meal, cause unless you want your hubby to gain, and eat your extra food, you will have food for yourself for about 4-5 dinners from one Keg steak dinner. After my sleeve and being on 'normal foods' I can eat 1/2 a cheeseburger at Mcdonalds, and about 2-3 fries (no joke) and I don't drink any fluid with my meals (as we aren't supposed to) I find liquid is one of the easiest calories to get in. Prior to my sleeve I could polish off a Venti Iced Caramel Macciato in about 5 minutes, now it takes me all day, and I rarely finish it! (I should probably just get a smaller size)

    So even though he is doing an incredible thing footing the bill, if you want to get your savings back up, count all the money you will save by not eating nearly as much. I eat so little now that I actually love to cook, as I can make the most sinful food on the planet, eat a bite or two and be completely happy! I love it!! :) My sleeve has been be the best life changing experience for my self esteem I have ever had!

    I am similar to you that I have told NO ONE besides my husband (obviously) and my parents. My reason is I think some will believe I took the easy way out (but I don't believe it is), and honestly no one ever cared before about what diet I was on or whatever, so why should they care now that something has worked! LOL. I started at 218, I now weigh 145 and as I mentioned I am 5.5 months pregnant. I have not gained any weight (well this morning the scale said 147, so maybe I am gaining a little) I wear a size 6 jeans! When I was in high school I wore a 13/14 or bigger... never in my adult life have I been this small! I feel incredible, and people cannot believe its me. I am so excited for your journey, and I wish you the best of success! WANT (VSG forum)

    ReplyDelete