About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

3 wks post op

I don't really have much to say.  Scale is being a cow and hasn't moved in 2 days.  I suspect it will before the weekend.  Or, I could be up for the dreaded 3rd week stall.  Time will tell.  I'm still happy at how much I've lost thus far :)

Something I've observed about this journey is that I actually think about food MORE now than I did before.  In a different way though.  I think about what I'm going to be able to eat at each phase, if I'll be able to get down more than a couple spoonfuls this next time.  I think about being mindful of not drinking while eating.  And I think about drinking my water, ALL THE TIME.  I feel like I should have a camelback attached to me at work so I can get all the liquid in me that I need to each day.  I am wary to move onto full solids although as of today I can.  I've had a few things that I've chewed the crap out of and had it sit in my sleeve like a rock.  It's very painful and unfun.  I know that there's still swelling going down and it will improve over time, but of course, I'm impatient.

I tried the Chike brand of meal replacement today.  Meh.  It was ok. It is very flavourful, maybe TOO flavourful actually.  I had the orange cream one and it tasted kind of fake.  Took me all morning of sipping on it to get the whole thing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment