About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 24, 2011

Weight Wise Module 1

I attended the first Weight Wise class  (Getting Started - Planning for Success) last night.
See http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/ps-ww-module-tracker.pdf

The very first thing they mention before they start is how this program is NOT for bariatric patients.  I disagree somewhat.  I think that the parts that mention learning how to recognize barriers, encouraging motivation, etc ARE relevant regardless of whether you've had the surgery already or not.  Of course, the point of this program is to potentially move people through it to a possible surgery at the end.  The whole reason *I* want to be part of this program is that it offers free weight management sessions with a dietician and psychologist.  So to get those free sessions, I have to do 4 total modules and take some of the stuff with a grain of salt.

Next session is July 7 for Module 2 : Nutrition (Finding Balance) - The role of calories in weight management.  I might not attend this one as calories aren't something that I'm really worrying about at this point.  I can't decide.   Then I have the next one on Aug 4, Module 3: Managing hunger and appetite. Another that may not be useful for me since I have neither anymore.  Although head hunger I DO have so meh... not sure.

I WANT to do Modules 7 & 9, as well as Craving Change.  So I might just bail on the next 2 coming up this summer and then do those 3 when they're offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment