About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm feeling a little melancholy tonight


I'm planning our going away/goodbye party.  I'm watching people around me here experience exciting new challenges, my best friend's daughter growing up, my brothers, my sisters.... I think about all of them and how much I'm going to miss in their lives.  I know that we don't see each other here as much as we should/I'd like to... but now that I'm leaving this province it just feels so very final.    I know that this move is what's best for us (Hubby and I) and our lives and we're going to have a great life but every now and then nostalgia hits me and I'm drawn into a feeling of loss and sadness for what I will miss not living in the city I was born in.  That I grew up in. That everyone I know and love is in. And that I KNOW inside and out.

I'm nervous and scared and excited and sad and worried all at once.  What a range of emotions I'm experiencing as the date grows near.  A month... a mere month until we are literally on our own.  Just the 2 of us (and Bailie) .... in a city we have only visited a few times, in an office I've never been in, with people I don't know, in a position I'm scared the shit out of.

Tell me I can do this.  Even if I don't believe you.  Tell me I can because tonight, I'm FREAKING THE HECK OUT.

Much of it likely is because hubby is really being an ass tonight and its making me lonely for the life I'll be missing.  *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I left my two daughters, not to mention mother and sister and her family, when we moved for Long Island to Florida. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I visit them as much as I can and they all visit me. The bottom line is that my girls are grown now and starting their lives. I have to do what is best for Steve and I.

    You will be fine...I'm not saying that it will be easy but you will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfectly natural to feel this way, you will work through it in time. I miss my dearest friends where I grew up, and new friends are NEVER the same as old friends. But the GREAT thing is we live in an age of email, facebook, cell phones, text messages, and video calls! It is so much easier now than it used to be to keep in touch. Take full advantage of it. It will still be tough of course. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete