About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dehydration

Water is still a problem for me.  I'm trying but I've never been good at getting my water in... even pre-op.  Unless I could guzzle a bottle or 2, I didn't get in my water for the day.  Anytime I try to get my water in, I'm met with nausea so it makes me loathe to try.

Well its been my undoing the last few days.  I KNOW my water intake lately has been very poor, especially over the last few days.  Bad enough that I've managed to get myself a decent migraine and I've been in bed for 2 days laying in the dark.  No sound, no light... and no sleep either because of the pain.  I've been so bored.  Even the light from my cell phone to check on my facebook has been too much for me to handle.

I've increased my water intake alot today and its making a difference where even a percocet didn't help. 

My bad.  ok ok, I know.... I will try harder to get my water in!

2 comments:

  1. I get a splitting headache and cotton mouth if I don't get enough water-I feel your pain! I've never had a migraine, and I hope I never do, but I hope you're better sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta start carrying a water bottle everywhere buddy!

    ReplyDelete