About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, September 30, 2011

A week and where does it lay me?

Well.. it weighs me in at 5 months post op!

I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.  I am now a size 10-12 depending on the store and fit easily into many clothes that had found a home in a pile, in a basket, in the back of my closet.  I now rejoice at a size MEDIUM for dresses and tops... even with the jugs I continue to have.  My poor chestesses have not escaped from the weight loss unscathed unfortunately.  I am definitely far from an E cup these days but the girls, they're a holdin up.


This week at work has been pretty stressful with quarter/month end at work.  I won't say that my eating has been stellar but its been ok.  I did partake in a bag of popcorn twists at one point but I regretted it quickly.

Sleevie is behaving nicely most of the time and I'm able to take more water now than I was before.  I used to drink very little but these days I'm getting in a pretty good share of liquids.  Not yet (I think) the full 64oz I'm required to drink but I'm getting better.  I still have to be careful not to drink too much to fast or I definitely can re-live it although more often than not, I just get the chest pain that feels like food stuck instead.  It's funny you know, I chat with newbie sleevers who have all the same questions and fears and thoughts as I did a mere 4-5 months ago.  Now, here I am, one of the "experienced" ones.  At 5 months.  It's amazing what a little time does.  And in a few months, those same newbies will be feeling the same as I do today.  And in that time, I'll be looking at my 1 year anniversary with my sleeve.  The mind boggles.


Before I get on a rant or anything of the sort, I want to make sure I share my latest stats! I missed measuring this week on my anniversary date so tonight I figured was a good a time as any :)

No comments:

Post a Comment