About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Halfway to my ultimate goal... already!

Another 2lbs down since the beginning of January. I can't believe how quickly the weight has come off over the last month.

I'm eating anything I want (when I remember I need to eat) at this point. I have sweets/carbs in addition to my protein but it doesn't have the hold over it like it did pre-op.  One bite and I'm good... I don't need a whole bag of chips or candy, just a single bite is enough to satisfy my head hunger.

Also, I haven't had any carbonation in 9 months.  I remember my addiction to diet coke. It's funny, I don't even miss it. I really thought I would.

7 lbs left to get to 135 lbs.  I hope this weight loss slows down like they say it should.  Unless my body has another number in mind for it's happy place... I'm a small frame so there's definitely some wiggle room there I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope the craving for carbonation goes away! I am three months out and still miss Diet Pepsi!

    Awesome progress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah and Kara!

    I know that my head wanted the pop much more than my mouth or tummy did. I suppose NO carbonation is technically a fallacy as I had a sip once a couple months post op and it was enough to make me want to put it away so I just don't want it now. I didn't like it at all!

    I hope that happens for you too Kara!

    ReplyDelete