About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 6, 2012

Tell me I'm being stupid

I've never worried about this before in my life. Never. I still am well within the BMI range of normal at 144lbs. I still could lose another 25 lbs and be within that range (low end of the range, but in the range). For some reason, ever since I hit my goal weight, I really feel like I should be slowing down.

I've lost another 5lbs since Dec 22. That's 5 lbs in 2 weeks. And I've been really bad at getting my protein in (my bad, I know I know) AND I've been eating poorly when I do remember to eat. I still enjoy the no hunger benefit of the surgery... the only time I get hunger, its like a weird empty feeling more than real actual hunger. Most of the time I eat because I have to remind myself to do it, or someone reminds me to.

I also don't exercise. I really haven't since my surgery. Now, I'm kind of afraid to exercise because I don't want to spur further weight loss. How messed up am I... I literally was looking up how to GAIN weight online.

I don't know. I feel like I'm still losing pretty fast considering I've already lost the majority of the weight I can lose. Suddenly I'm worried that I won't be able to stop losing weight. :S

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't know what to say. This is something that would never cross my mind. If you're still okay to lose another 25 pounds and still be within your BMI range, it should be ok. Have you seen your doctor? What about meeting with a nutritionist or personal trainer? I can't wait for you to move here b/c I have a PT who is also a sports nutritionist and a exercise life coach. I'm meeting her for the first time tomorrow and I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought it would cross my mind either but after being so heavy for so long, it feels so strange to be in this thin body sometimes.

    I saw my doctor last month. She would prefer I not lose any more weight at all and just maintain. I'm not logging my food so I don't know how many calories I'm getting in. I just try to eat what/when I can. My biggest "problem" if you can call it that is that I usually forget to eat. Weekends are the worst... during the week I'm under a schedule so its easier to remember to eat. The problem with nutritionists is unless they have bariatric experience, they don't know how to handle the restrictions we have post op with portions. I can't imagine eating 1200 calories a day now... before surgery that was so easy because portions were larger. I'd have to be eating ALL the time to get that much in now. My sleevie is still somewhere in the range of 1/2 cup so its really hard to get in the calories expected of me some days. I think that's why the weight is still coming off so quickly. I'm going to start tracking my food and see if I can figure out on average how many calories I'm getting in.

    We're really excited to be moving there. We literally talk about it all the time. If you have an email address I'd love to talk to a local about areas to live!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have an email addy, but I don't want to post it on here. I am going to send you a private msg on gastric sleeve, so check there for my email addy :)

    ReplyDelete