About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 30, 2012

Body Image... and Plastics?

Why is it that when I was 100 lbs heavier I actually was LESS self conscious of my body? Is it some kind of body dysmorphia, was I actually more confident or was it all a facade to keep myself in a bubble of denial?

When I was heavier I had no problem prancing around nekkid in the house. I didn't even care if I passed in front of an open window. I felt comfortable in my skin (I thought so anyway) and I felt like a sexy beast.
Now I want to turn the lights off. I feel like I have little grandma boobages (I went from 38E to 34D) and the amount of wrinkly ass extra skin on my tummy makes me want to hide my body. All I can focus on was how badly I want to get plastics and how to best hold my body so I and my hubby can't see the yucky skin.

When I was bigger I remember saying to myself and others... he's is just happy you're naked, he's not judging your body, you are! And now, pot meet kettle. I can't even listen to my own damn advice.

Do any of my dear readers have these body image issues with yo yo dieting? How can you get past them? I get it .. love yourself, that's a no brainer. Is there anything else you can do though??

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if there's anything you can do...besides surgery. I mean, to me, that's easier than changing how you feel about saggy skin---you can't make it unsag. Only a knife can. It's certainly easier to change how you feel (and cheaper!) but I understand how you feel---I can't exactly embrace this skin---and summer is coming! It's itchy and I get rashes. That sucks. I love how I look now (in CLOTHES, that is!). But I don't like the saggy tummy. I can get over my inner things and the saggy skin near my arm pits, but the tummy affects how clothes fit. So I want it gone. After the baby, that is, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Hate my saggy arms and thighs and tummy. I miss my boobs !! I hear ya girlfriend. Surgery isnt an option right now financially or time wise, but I can def see myself getting plastics eventually. I may even starting saving a little after baby!!

    ReplyDelete