About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 2, 2012

Turning a corner

Feeling a bit better today.  Haven't pooped myself in a whole 24 hours now.  YAY!  Tummy isn't quite right yet but its getting less touchy.

Iron injection #3 was yesterday in the right buttock.... it hurt.  It still hurts/tender-y this morning.  She must have got me good in the muscle.  Have I mentioned that I HATE needles? 

When I was a kid, I had alot of medical issues and was in the hospital fairly often with pnemonia as a complication of being asthmatic (or is it the other way around...?) and then a blood problem (called thrombocytopenic purpura caused by an allergic reaction to a drug called Ilosone ..look it up I had to!!) that required a platelet transfusion.  So I got alot of pokes.  So many IV's that I have old poke hole scars in my right elbow bend and left top of my hand. 

Consequently, I loathe needles.  When I was a child in the hospital I would choose the NASTY tasting meds any day over the injections of adrenaline they'd give me in my tummy that I'd have to get when my asthma was really bad. I try and be a grown up about it now and just suck it up but my heart rate increases exponentially when I need to get a shot or blood drawn.  I WAS trying to be a contributing member of society by giving blood every few months but it looks like that's been taken away from me now too.  My iron is too low now to donate.  There's not enough left over for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment