About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Iron issues


I'm starting to wonder.  I go to a close-by medicentre to get my weekly injections and the doc there pulled my bloodwork info because he said I should have seen SOME changes in my bloodwork with all these injections.  He said that my ferritin level is fine at 17 (low is 12)  and so is my hemoglobin at 121 (low is 120).... so now I am really confused.

I see my doc on the 11th so I plan to ask her what the heck she's seeing that he's not and if this is all really necessary at all.  It still doesn't explain my dizziness, fatigue and fainting but at least if I can stop with these darn weekly injections, its a plus... especially if they're unnecessary which it sounds like they are?!  A week ago I was freaking that I was a step away from a transfusion and today I'm wondering if the last 1.5 months of weekly injections were even ever required...

No comments:

Post a Comment