About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, June 1, 2015

Ok another holy moly.. bigger than the last!

It's been TWO YEARS since I last posted!!!

What is new?

Well I've been living temporarily in Toronto for a few months now while my loving husband holds down the fort in Vancouver.

Last year, we welcomed my step son, his girlfriend and my mother in law to our home.  Unfortunately, my MIL passed in August of 2014 at 80 years and we still miss her distinctive laugh throughout the house.

My stepson and his gf have enjoyed a number of latitudes that my husband and I continually butt heads on and as of June of this year, they will be moving on and moving out together to Alberta.

I've been living 100% in Toronto since late February as a result of a secondment I was chosen for out of many across the country.  Some days, Im completely unclear why I got the job but I presevere regardless and try to feel confident in what I am trying to bring to the overall project regardless the ambition.  Thankfully my company puts me up in an (albeit small) apartment here while in TO and flies my hubby to see me once a month.  It is definitely strange living single-ish yet not.  I miss my home and hubby and puppy a lot.

I maintain my weight loss easily around the upper 140's which I prefer although I do see more need in exercise as I get further out from my surgery as my body is weak and undefined. I still find sugar is not an issue for me and I still do not use any carbonation 4 years in.  When I eat too fast/too much which RARELY happens, I still feel the unfortunate side effects of that.

I've still been wanting to do the surgery although I feel less driven to do it in recent years.  I still think it is something that I want, but the pure NEED to do it is much lesser. I am happier within my skin than I have ever been.  I want to spend my money and life on experiences more than things, and I put this surgery within the "things" category.

There have been a number of life events that have shaped this decision for me but nonetheless, I realize that I am but a shell of my experiences and I want to live all of them regardless of the package.

Be blessed
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment