About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, June 30, 2011

heavenly smells

My favourite smell in the whole wide world is baking bread.

Every day I take the commuter train to work and I walk through pedways to get to my office tower downtown.  I have to pass a store on my way called "Press'd" that sells sandwiches and soups.  My salivary glands are now relating where I am in the pedways like Pavlov's dog does to the bell.   I get to a certain point in the pedway and even though I can't yet smell the fresh baking breads, my mouth is suddenly salivating at the soon to smell yummy goodness.

It's a bittersweet position since I don't eat that stuff anymore and frankly really... I physically couldn't.  I LOVE the smell though and savour it every single morning.

ahhhh

1 comment:

  1. I love the smell of fresh bread too! I don't have to walk past Press'd though-but Fat Franks hangs out by my building at lunch time. I breathe in deeply and keep walking. So far anyways. But isn't it wonderful to be able to enjoy the smell of something so completely?

    ReplyDelete