About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, July 1, 2011

Goals

Goal setting has always been scary for me.  In the past, I've either hit my goals for a very brief period, or I've not hit them at all.  Fear of failure makes me loathe to try goal setting again.  But, I know that it gives me something to aim towards and I know the sense of accomplishment I felt when I reached the 199, 190 and 189 goals.

So, I'm changing my ticker.

The last time I lost weight (2 years ago) I got to 152 lbs.  I was trying so hard to see the 140's.  So, my goal is 149.  When I get to 149, I will re-assess my goal down to the 130.  But for now, instead of focusing on all that distance between 130-149, I'm going to just focus on 149.

My weight loss seems to come in spurts.  I won't lose anything for about a week or so, then I lose a few pounds.  I'm not going to stress it.  I wish it would come off more consistently but it doesn't, so it doesn't.  This isn't a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment