About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3 month bloodwork results

I talked to the nurse that is going to spend some time with me on diet/etc post-op... the one I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I met at a Weight Wise seminar.  I told him my blood work was done a couple of weeks ago but that I hadn't heard anything yet... so he looked it up!

His comments as he said them to me....

B12 - 468.  DOUBLE what normal is. 
Thyroid - Perfect
Proteins - Good
Electrolytes - Great
Cholesterol - Great
Liver Function - Good
Sugars - Good   5.3 Normal
Coagulant - Normal
Blood Count - Perfect

There's still a few tests to come back (like Vitamin D) but he said this is the best blood work he's ever seen in a post-op bariatric patient!  Yay me!  I asked him if this meant I had to start exercising and stop using my surgery as an excuse... lol... he laughed.   I see him on Aug 18th to go over my food logs etc.

In the words of Charlie Sheen .... WINNING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment