About VSG

Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical weight loss tool in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together (often with surgical staples, glue and possibly cauterization) to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is performed laparoscopically and is not reversible.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/about_vertical_sleeve_gastrectomy.html

MFP Weight loss tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, June 11, 2011

6 weeks post op

It doesn't feel like its that noticeable to me even though I'm 30 lbs down but here's a couple pics from April before I had my surgery








Here's tonight

3 comments:

  1. you go girl~ LOOKING AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here! Wow, what a difference after only 2 months. You go girl! I just saw you on VST.com. I've been blogging since last summer when I started this whole WLS process. I was denied by my insurance company in January for lap band but will be getting the sleeve soon as a self-pay patient. I'm so excited, will get surgery in July or Aug. Soon! I'm so impressed that you've lost 30 pounds. I've lost 35 pounds from July 2010 to Feb. 2011 but have since struggled just to maintain my current weight. So frustrating. I hope I can be as successful as you after surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments!!

    Lee Ann where are you getting sleeved?

    ReplyDelete